Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Big Family Day

We told our family this weekend about the peanut. It was a bit early (10 weeks) but we had the opportunity to all be together, so thought it would be nice to tell them in person. They have sworn to secrecy until my end of third trimester doctor's appointment.

Everyone was extremely happy and surprised - they said they were all WAITING and WONDERING when this would happen. Everyone had their own helpful advice too from what to eat and what to do and not do. I think though that I'm going to stick to my plan to follow my doctor's advice and healthy eating and living.

I wish there were more pictures involved in the prenatal visits. Sumeet and I are dying to see the peanut again (partly to make sure everything's ok and partly just to catch a glimpse of the peanut). Next week is my integrated screen test where they test for genetic defects and then the week after is the end of first trimester appt where they listen for the heartbeat. We'll go public shortly after that!

For mom-to-be, I've not suffered much at all. A little tired off and on, and massive breakouts on my face (thanks peanut!) but no sickness and generally feeling very good, albeit getting a little pudgie. I miss some things - some events are definitely not as fun without certain beverages.

I think we'll start our belly pictures this week. Sumeet's going to take a regular picture of me over the coming weeks to demonstrate my belly expanding (so scary). We might even do a series of his belly getting smaller to keep things interesting around here!

No comments: