Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The best vacation ever ...

...thought maybe it was time for an update from me, given the diligent picture taking and blogging from dad-to-be.

The peanut was lucky enough to go on one of our best vacations ever. Panama was the perfect mix of adventure, relaxation, activities... I could go on forever. It's a fantastic place to visit. We spent a fair bit of time lying in hammocks by the sea reading, relaxing, as well as snorkeling (I saw a stingray and many many starfish!), doing boat trips (we saw dolphins!), drinking (virgin pina colada's and coco fresa's for me and baby), swimming and playing cards. I must say the peanut and his 'maternal stores' changed my bikini body a bit, but I took him proudly wherever I went none the less.

He's definitely getting bigger. Well, I'm definitely getting bigger, he's still only the size of an avocado. You still can't tell in the pictures, but I can tell by the pants that don't fit (they aren't just snug now!). I'm slowly making the mindshift to some maternity clothes, but it's a hard shift. I believe my tummy will grow exponentially over the next few weeks, so I won't have a choice soon.

On the surface of it, there's a lot less going on with the peanut these days compared to the first few weeks. I think now he's very focused on growing. This week was really just eyebrows and ear bones from what I can tell from the literature. He's allegedly working on his punches and kicks - I just can't feel them yet. Can't wait for a sign.

1 comment:

Sumeet said...

Size of an avocado... what does that really mean? Is that a 4-for-a-dollar avocado or a $0.99 avocado. Clearly two very different sizes!!