Monday, January 19, 2009

Getting a bath (and "vocalizing")

We can't say that Sarina really loves her baths just yet, though everyone else seems to love the idea of bathing her! She does like being nice and clean after the bath but certainly doesn't seem to be a fan of the bathing process. Here is a clip of her getting a bath by mom and Aji. As our pediatrician likes to say, she "vocalizes" very well...

Oh, and this is what you miss before she is lowered gently (i.e., dropped like a hot potato) into the bathtub:
Daddy: I've changed her, can I just carry her to the bath?
Mommy: No. Put her diaper on. No diaper is DANGER.
Daddy: I think I'm willing to take my chances
Mommy: No. Put her diaper on. Danger danger!
Daddy: (puts on diaper, carries to bath area but then proceeds to remove diaper and play with Sarina in prep for bath)
Mommy: Oh Boy, you seem to be willing to take your chances!!
Sarina: ... I'm FREEEEE!!! That air feels great on my tush!
Mommy: (noticing brown substance collecting on daddy's arm) I think she's POOPING on you!
Daddy: AAAAAAAAAH!

New meaning to "open air accident" and I *think* daddy learned his lesson on the dangers of an undiapered baby.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Ha! No diaper is indeed DANGER, though less so as time goes on. I still remember fondly Khalil peeing straight at my mum's glasses (so glad she was wearing them) in the middle of a diaper change. That was when we started holding a facecloth over him during changes.

I'm glad Sarina's liking baths more now, Khalil took some time to get less squawky about them too but has loved them ever since.