Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A Tribute to Aji and Azoba!

[Smita Writing] Aji and Azoba returned back to Canada on Sunday. There are very few times in one's life that you can feel like a child again. For me, the 5 weeks that Aji and Azoba were here brought that back as they came with the intent to take care of me as much as Sarina. Both of them worked tirelessly over the last 5 weeks to make our lives easier and make Sarina feel secure and loved.

Some people say mom's are like superwoman... grandmothers, then must be super-duper-woman, because my mom managed to take all the household activities, fed me fresh food every meal (apparently no leftovers were good enough for the new mom), swooped in at any (and every) hour to take Sarina when I needed rest, made me feel like I was a fantastic mom even when the baby was crying in my arms, and still she found time to do her personal yoga practice almost every morning.

My dad started on the sidelines, helping wherever he could in the apartment, shopping, cooking, but made a big transition part way through his trip to participating in Sarina's care. At some point we discovered he had a secret talent and patience for burping (the baby!), at which point, he was in charge of all burps. He also discovered he could put her into a peaceful sleep by singing mantras and she'd accompany him on his daily walk. He got VERY close to doing a diaper change. He'd get her to the changing table, get everything set up and then call in reinforcements for the cleaning part. :)

We all miss you, Aji and Azoba! Here are some photos of your last week, and a video.



No comments: